More F# Tourism: Europa F# 201412 Oct 2014
Well, last year’s F# tour was so much fun, I figured I would try to do it again, in Europe this time. I am becoming quite fond of F# tourism: after all, what better way to discover a place than going there and meeting locals who happen to have at least one common interest – and spread the F# love in the process?
Anyways, if everything goes according to plan, I should be visiting F# communities in 7 different countries in 6 weeks :) As an aside, if you are running a meetup/user group that is somewhat on my way, have a couch I can crash on, and would like me to stop by, ping me on twitter. I can’t make promises (obviously the schedule is a bit tight already), but if can, I will.
One thing I find pretty exciting is that all of a sudden, conferences are starting to have very nice F# and functional programming offerings. In particular, huge props to:
- Build Stuff in Vilnius: the conference last year was fantastic, fun, diverse, stimulating, and just a great atmosphere. And the F#/functional lineup this year is awesome. Trust me, if you can go – just go, you won’t regret it.
- NDC London: when you see a major conference like NDC putting together one entire track solely dedicated to functional programming, you know something is happening. I am really stoked – at that point, I don’t see why I would attend conferences without a solid functional track. My daily work is primarily functional, and in my (biased) opinion, functional is where a lot of the innovation is happening lately. So… thanks to NDC for bridging the gap, and putting together a program that I can enjoy!
At any rate, here is the current plan – stay tuned for updates and more details, and hope to see you somewhere along the way!
Nov 3 & 4: Aarhus, Denmark
- Build Stuff that Works with F# (with Tomas Petricek)
- Workshop: F# via Machine Learning (with Tomas Petricek)
Nov 6 & 7: London, UK
Nov 8: London, UK
Nov 10: Dublin, Ireland
- Functional Kats: Coding dojo: a gentle introduction to Machine Learning with F#
Nov 11: Munich, Germany
- Munich .NET user group: F# for the C# developer
Nov 12: Zurich, Switzerland
- Zurich F# Meetup: Coding dojo: a gentle introduction to Machine Learning with F#
Nov 17, Paris
- Paris F# Meetup: The great @fsibot caper
Nov 19-23: Vilnius, Lithuania
- Build Stuff: talks & workshop
Nov 24: Lodz, Poland
- Details TBA
Nov 25 & 26: Berlin, Germany
- Berlin Alt.NET: F# for the C# developer
- Berlin Alt.NET: Coding dojo: a gentle introduction to Machine Learning with F#
Nov 27: Frankfurt, Germany
- Frankfurt .NET group: TBA
Dec 1 – 5: London, UK
Dec 8 & 9: Oslo, Norway
Have a comment or a question? Ping me on Twitter, or use the comments section!